I am always inspired by women who are working hard and going for their dreams. Women who are motivated, determined, and have a deep flame burning inside of them to achieve their goals. When I feel like I’ve lost a little bit of my edge (you know, when things get a little…challenging and I just want to curl up on the couch with some tea and the remote) I love reading through inspirational quotes from people who inspire me. They help me get off the couch and back to my computer full of energy and motivation.
While these were said by women, anyone can gather courage and confidence with these words of wisdom! I hope they help motivate you and encourage you to go after what you want in life. After all, the world needs you to show up! Use all the tools you have in your toolbox to help you do just that!
If you’re feeling like you could use a little pep added to your step, too (who couldn’t right now!) – here are my favorite quotes that run through my head like mantras.
1. “The success of every woman should be the inspiration to another. We should raise each other up. Make sure you’re very courageous: be strong, be extremely kind, and above all be humble.” – Serena Williams
2. “My mother told me to be a lady. And for her, that meant be your own person, be independent.” – Ruth Bader Ginsberg
3. “I attribute my success to this: I never gave or took an excuse.” — Florence Nightingale
4. “I raise up my voice—not so I can shout but so that those without a voice can be heard… We cannot succeed when half of us are held back.” – Malala Yousafzai
5. “I was a person with dignity and self-respect, and I should not set my sights lower than anybody else just because I was black.” – Rosa Parks
6. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
7. “No matter how difficult and painful it may be, nothing sounds as good to the soul as the truth.” – Martha Beck
8. “There is no innovation and creativity without failure. Period.” – Brene Brown
9. “Don’t compromise yourself. You are all you’ve got.” – Janis Joplin
10. “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement.” – Helen Keller
11. “Nothing will work unless you do.” – Maya Angelou
12. “Power’s not given to you. You have to take it.” – Beyoncé Knowles Carter
13. “Sometimes you just have to put on lip gloss and pretend to be psyched.” – Mindy Kaling
14. “One of the secrets to staying young is to always do things you don’t know how to do, to keep learning.” – Ruth Reichl
15. “The people around you don’t crave your ‘perfect self.’ What they really want is the authentic you.” – Sara Arey
16. “The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.” – Amelia Earhart
17. “Success is only meaningful and enjoyable if it feels like your own.” – Michelle Obama
18. “If it’s a good idea, go ahead and do it. It’s much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.” – Grace Hopper
19. “I do know one thing about me: I don’t measure myself by others’ expectations or let others define my worth.” – Sonia Sotomayor
20. “The difference between successful people and others is how long they spend time feeling sorry for themselves.” – Barbara Corcoran
21. “Drama is very important in life: You have to come on with a bang. You never want to go out with a whimper.” – Julia Child
22. “We can always choose to perceive things differently. You can focus on what’s wrong in your life, or you can focus on what’s right.” – Marianne Williamson
23. “Take criticism seriously, but not personally. If there is truth or merit in the criticism, try to learn from it. Otherwise, let it roll right off you.” – Hillary Clinton
24. “It is only when we have the courage to face things exactly as they are, without any self-deception or illusion, that a light will develop out of events, by which the path to success may be recognized.” – Debbie Ford
25. “No one changes the world who isn’t obsessed.” – Billie Jean King
26. Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim.” – Nora Ephron
27. “Without leaps of imagination, or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning.” – Gloria Steinem
28. “Don’t look at your feet to see if you are doing it right. Just dance.” – Anne Lamott
29. “It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent.” – Madeleine Albright
30. “Don’t let anyone rob you of your imagination, your creativity, or your curiosity. It’s your place in the world; it’s your life.” – Dr. Mae Jemison
book a call with robin
because the world needs you and your business
Get soul-filled mindset coaching and business support to expand you, your work, and your impact.
more about robin
Mindset coach, business strategist, and soul-filled success catalyst for women entrepreneurs on the rise.
ZWorks on Pine
75 E Pine Street
Zionsville, IN 46077